JetBlue understands that if your travel plans change, the change in bookings follows. If the need for a Jetblue change flight has come up, you can contact JetBlue Airways for prompt assistance. Thereby conveniently changing your ticket according to the time and date preferred. The airline allows you to make significant changes to your ticket without hassle. However, you will have to pay a small fee for it, when required.
So, get ready to enjoy a seamless travel experience with JetBlue, whether it is about changing your flight or taking steps related to it. Moreover, if you come across any error and can’t change your flight ticket date online, reach out to its customer service representative at 1800-503-2501.
Time to conveniently manage your trip online, whenever you want, at any hour of the day. 2 AM flight changes were never so simple.
What is JetBlue’s Change Flight Policy?
The JetBlue flight change policy is devised to help you change your current flight
schedules or other modifications possible with the airline.
Here are the highlights of the policy-
- You need not pay any change fee on most of the flight fares.
- Any fee charged is usually on Blue Basic fares and varies as per the routes.
- The 24-hour change policy allows you to change your flight ticket for free. This flexible option is available if you request a flight change within 24 hours of your ticket booking.
- You have to pay the difference in the fare at the terms and conditions applied to your ticket.
How to Change JetBlue Flight?
If something came up and you have to change your flight with JetBlue, relax, as the process is quick and simple.
- Visit the official website of JetBlue Airlines.
- Sign in to your account.
- Click on the Manage Trips option.
- Enter the flight code in the fields provided.
- Mention the passenger’s name and contact number.
- Click on the Continue tab.
- Select the flight.
- Click on the Edit option to change JetBlue flight.
- Select a new schedule.
- Find the fare difference.
- Complete the payment.
The airline will send you a confirmation email about your new flight.
How Much Does JetBlue Flight Change Cost?
You must make changes or cancelations on a flight before the flight’s scheduled departure. A majority of the fares don’t have any change or cancelation fee. However, Blue Basic is an exception to this.
Now, let’s see how much the JetBlue change flight fee is for Blue Basic fares when it is about the itinerary –
- $100 per person – Routes in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean
- $200 per person – All other routes (in addition to any difference in airfare)
Please note –
- Fare rules and the fare difference apply on the change date.
Make changes/cancelations before the flight’s scheduled departure.
- You must pay a $25 booking fee per person (nonrefundable) to raise your requests on call. This has to be paid extra on the fee applicable to the fare. To save this fee, you can go for self-service at the official website of the airline or get in touch with a representative via chat.
For more details, you can connect with JetBlue customer service change flightat-1800-503-2501.
Can I Make a Same-day Switch and Avail of Standby on JetBlue?
Yes, JetBlue allows you to make same-day flight switches or avail of standby. Let’s look at these –
You can go for a confirmed same-day switch with JetBlue. However, as the name suggests, the same-day switch can be made only on the scheduled travel day, starting in the time zone of your flight’s scheduled departure at midnight.
Please note –
- The fee is flat at $75 (without any fare difference).
- When you want to go for JetBlue change flights, the same-day switch option is available in cities with multiple daily flights.
For standby travel with the airline, it is a mandate to book a seat beforehand. When you are on standby, you may get a seat on a sold-out flight operating within the same cities on your preferred date as your scheduled departure. But it might accommodate you only if a passenger cancels/changes the flight ticket and there is a vacant seat.
Please note –
- Standby travel is based on seat availability.
- It is subject to an additional $75 fee as per your fare (no fare difference applies).
In a nutshell, you can easily change your flight ticket with JetBlue, if required. However, if you want to change anything other than Jetblue change flight and are unclear about it, a JetBlue representative is just a call away. Talking to a live person at JetBlue will help you with smart solutions to any challenges that you face while traveling with the airline.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if I will be missing my JetBlue flight?
If you are getting late to catch your flight, check the same-day switch option of JetBlue. This helps you change/switch your flight for another flight on the same day at just $75.
Those with Even More Space seats or other extras will be refunded. You can buy these for your new flight, if available.
How do I change the extras I added to my ticket?
To change the extras of your flight ticket, you have to go to the Manage Trips section on the official website of JetBlue.
Please note that the extras added to the ticket can’t be refunded or removed. If you wish to do so, you must cancel your itinerary entirely.
However, if you change your flight, the extras purchased beforehand is refunded to the original payment form. You can go for new extras with the new flight ticket booking.
The only exception here is the pet fee that you can refund anytime before the scheduled flight departure.
How to change a JetBlue flight without paying a fee?
To avoid the JetBlue flight change fee, book your flight with a refundable ticket that has flexible options. However, you can also make free flight changes within 24 hours of your ticket purchase.